"The surf school was so much fun. The children of Y5 absolutely loved it and couldn't wait to get back in the water. They learned how to be safe in the water, what to do in case they are in trouble and the skills needed to be able to surf. Nick and the team were amazing. They made every child feel welcome and everybody was included regardless of ability. We are going back for a second year as the children gained so much from the experience."
Mr Charlton - Year 5 Teacher (and surfer)
Surf, Stand Up Paddle Lessons for Groups
Surfing and Stand Up Paddle Boarding are a great group activities; their engaging, challenging, fun, and lets us work both individually and as a group. It's great as a once off event or part of longer programme. We work with schools, scouts, youth & community organisations and private groups to create a fantastic surfing & stand up paddle boarding experiences.
Details of what our standard lesson looks like is available here for surf and here for stand up paddle boarding. Our lessons cover the subject matter of the national curriculum for physical education for key stages 1 to 4; developing agility, co-ordination, control, and balance; improving technique and performance; understanding water safety at the beach; taking part in outdoor and adventurous activity. We can also provide a record of achievement through the Surfing England Junior Surfing Scheme.
Our basic surf or stand up paddle session is a 2 hour lesson for schools and community groups and costs £13.50 per person. Discounts are available if you intend to come for more than one session so please get in touch for a quote.
Environmental Education & Snorkelling
We also offer environmental education sessions exploring our wonderful coastal environment, and if you want to get up and close we can also run snorkelling sessinos. These sessions are ideal for just fun exploring the coast or great for covering topics in Key Stages 1 to 3 science and geography. We have various activities to that can be combined together and are adjusted for key stages and age groups:
- Rock pooling; exploring our tidal pools to see what we can find in this habitat.
- Investigating the tide; observing, measuring and understanding how our tides move and how they affect our coastal environment and how we interact.
- Beach combing and sculptures; having a look at what we find on our beaches, understanding where it comes from and how we can then use it.
- Coastal exploration; identifying the wonderful natural features of our coast, understanding how they were formed, as well as identifying the animals and plants we find in this habitat.
- Snorkelling; Get up and close and personal with the creatures living on our coastline by getting into the water and seeing them in their habitat. We have full face snorkels which are easier to use than the more traditional two piece mask and snorkels which we also have. We work in small groups when the conditions are right, we provide all the equipment needed, wetsuits, snorkels, flotation devices.
Our environmental sessions are a flat rate of £85 for a 2 hour session and all the equipment needed. We can accommodate 32 people in one session.
Snorkelling sessions are £13.50 per person. We can accommodate up to 16 people in one session.