Come and see what amazing things live on our coast. We'll head down to the rock pools and help you find, identify and learn all about the creatures that are left behind by the tide.
We have regular sessions lead by outdoor education specialists where we'll provide all the equipment needed. We'll spend an hour and a half rummaging in our local rock pools. The sessions are tide dependent and the dates times are all listed here and can be found when you book online.
£5 per person. Suitable from age 4 up. Under 6's must be accompanied by an adult. No charge for adults accompanying kids under 6.
We have loads of great environmental education sessions available for schools and groups. Have a look here to see what we can do for you.
including all the equipment needed
£5 per person
How a typical lesson will go
After we’ve done introductions and issued out equipment and you’ve got into your wetsuit:
1. Go through some beach and water safety points.
2. Have a quick warm up and then get used to the water by jumping in the sea.
3. Give a demonstration and explanation of catching waves and surfing on the
4. We then get into the water, showing you the best ways through the surf or how to
improve on what you already do.
5. Then we’ll catch some waves!
6. Once you have the hang of catching the waves we will exit the water and learn
how to stand up with a quick beach demonstration. If you’re improving we use
this opportunity to give more directed feedback and demonstrations for your
7. Then we’ll help you to correct your technique and catch more waves.
Lessons normally last 2 hours and includes all equipment, you just need yourselves, swimwear, a towel and some warm clothing for afterwards.
The minimum age for surf lessons is 6.
To book or discuss details please either email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 07583144560.